Monday 9 February 2009

Muscovites





Usually the first word I learn, when learning a new language is ‘thankyou’ Not much use here! No body uses it, or please, or anything polite. So in order to not stick out, like the polite Brit I might seem, It’s rudeness all the way!

Saying all that, Moscow is quite a place, especially negotiating the underground palace (the third picture) that is the metro, dordle here to try and figure out the crylic map and your swept off wherever the crowd is heading.

Hiked (and slid) around the usual tourist traps today, and tomorrow it’s off to the markets before catching a week long train to china. Will get there in the end...





5 comments:

Jacki said...

So what does the last picture say?
Love the station and the dollies!!!!

Jacki said...

You are amazing - maneuvering all this on your own! Of course, I have to ask - how are the accommodations in Moscow? And the food? Does anyone speak english?

Pigeonsbay said...

I remember the last time I was in Moscow they had these funny looking cigarettes called Mir or Sputnik? They not only looked funny but tasted funny as well. Instant death in a Pack.
Hope you have a good trip mate!

James W Bowden said...

I have seen a few funny looking things...but i'm steering clear of the ciggies!

Jackie, not sure what the last picture said, something about the metro I think, I just thought it looked quite soviet! A few people speak english, but not many, I've had to learn a fair bit...and my hotel is pretty ok, same as any mid/cheap hotel really, although they did just sting me loads for checking out late!

speak soon, 6 day train to catch in afew hours!
x

Pigeonsbay said...

Are they still selling Ice Cream at every corner? Someone then told me that Russians love to eat Ice Cream- even in Winter. I found that a bit bizzare...